Forum Discussion

DavidCichanowic
Community Member
2 years ago

Storyline Crashes When Inserting Video from File

Hi!  

Looking for help to resolve a Storyline issue.  When I try to insert a video from file the Storyline Application freezes and then crashes.  The video is from my hard drive.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Storyline twice and it still does the same thing.  Any solutions?  Thank you!!!  David

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hello David, I wish this could be caused due to the size of the video and I'm not sure about it, but could you try to compress the video and see if you can replicate the issue again?

• Hi, yes.  I don't even get to the point I can select a video.  As soon as I click to INSERT > Video from File, the dialogue box opens and it freezes the software and my computer. I can't even get to take a screenshot of it for you.  In order to reset I must go to the Task Manager and end the task which closes Storyline.  So I never even get to a place where the video is even selected let alone attempting to load.  What do you think?  Thanks!!! David

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Would you be willing to share the video file here so that I can try uploading it at my end?

• Hi-  You are not understanding the issue.  Please read back to my earlier message.  The software FREEZES BEFORE I can even select a video to upload.  So there is no video to share that failed.  Please carefully review these messages.  I'm not sure you are paying enough attention.  Thanks, David

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Well David, let others chime in so that they can help you out more effectively. Good luck!!

• Thank you for your time.  No offense to you. What Articulate needs is a professional support team. You would think with all they charge they would offer some of live support.  Oh well, lesson learned.  We are all on our own as they say!