Forum Discussion

DebBeverley
Community Member
4 years ago

Storyline Published as Video, won't play

Hello, I have published a small (8 minute) Storyline file as a video and when I open the folder with the published file it won't play. It appears to publish properly so I am wondering if there are added steps needed to convert a Storyline file to a video beyond publishing as video?

• Hi Deb,

Thanks for reaching out! When you publish to video, the folder should lead you to an .mp4 file. When you double-click that, your video player will open automatically.

Is the video player opening as expected, but nothing is playing? Or is nothing happening when double-clicking on the .mp4?

Our support team can also take a look at your published output and lend a hand! Feel free to connect with them using the link below.

SUBMIT A CASE.
    DebBeverley
    Community Member

Thanks for your help Ren. The file opens as expected but wont play so I have submitted  the file to  the support team. Appreciate the quick follow up!

DebBeverley
      Community Member

Hi Leslie, when I submitted my case I did not notice a case number, and haven't received an email confirmation yet. As soon as I see that I will update this post.

• Oh no, Deb. I fear that your case submission may not have been successful based on the amount of time passed. I've opened one on your behalf and sent you a direct upload link to share your file.