Forum Discussion

JanetLallysmith
Community Member
7 months ago

Video clips showing with black opening screen

Hello there, I've seen various discussions about this and tried all the advice, but I'm still having problems that some, but not all, videos that I've edited in Kapwing are showing with a black opening screen.

The videos all have a coloured slide and title for the first 1.5 seconds, and some show like this and some don't. There doesn't seem to be any reasons for the difference ie there are no blanks at the beginning of the videos.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this or, more importantly, how I can fix it please?

Thanks, Janet 

• Hello Janet, 

Happy to help!

Can I ask if your videos do not show any black opening screens when opened in Media Players such as VLC player or Windows Media Player (Quicktime for Macs)? If the black opening screens are only present when your videos are uploaded in Rise 360, try re-encoding your videos to see if this helps. Here's where you can download a tool called Handbrake that you can use for re-encoding, and here's a quick video that shows how to use the tool. 

If you see black opening frames when opening your courses in Media Players, try republishing your videos in Kapwing using different video profiles.