Importing audio into Peek?

Oct 23, 2018

Hello all,

I am using Peek for the first time. In general, I understand it and it seems very easy to use. However, I have some questions regarding the audio.

* Is it possible to import audio into the Peek file? I know I can record my own voice while the video is being made (from Studio 360 in my case) but I want to add prerecorded audio by our narrator into the video file. How is this possible?
* Similarly, I know I can record/import the audio into the Studio 360 file but then it gets erased when I convert it to a video using Peek. Is there any way to avoid this happening?
* Finally, in a regular presentation, I record/import the audio and then sync the animations to it. How are the animations synced in Peek? Do they have to be created in Studio and then hope that the timing matches the Peek audio?

Thanks for your input,
Nina

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nina!

It sounds like your end goal is to add pre-recorded audio to a Peek video, is that right? 

If so, try this!

1. Open Articulate Review, and find the Peek video you want to add audio to. 
  2. Click the three dots (...) icon, and select Download. A mp4 file will download to your computer.
  3. Open Replay 360.
  4. Add the Peek MP4 file to the Replay project. 
  5. Add the pre-recorded audio to the Replay project. 
  6. Publish the Replay project to a MP4 file.
  7. Go back to Articulate Review, and click the Upload Video link.
  8. Select the MP4 video you just created in Replay, and click Upload.  

And there you have it! Now you have combined a Peek video with a pre-recorded audio file. Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nina,

I'm happy to hear you're using Peek - it's one of my favorite tools because it's so easy to use and without a lot of fuss! With all the tools in Articulate 360 there is a lot to choose from, not to worry we're here to help! 

It's designed to allow you to capture things on your screen and audio at the same time. I use it often for quick tutorials or how to videos to share here in the E-Learning Heroes community.

If you're looking to have separate audio and video tracks, take a look at using Replay (also a part of the Articulate 360 suite of tools). You'll have a lot more options there for adding media, editing, and then you can publish to an MP4 for use in any of your other courses. 

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have any other questions. 

Lauren Connelly

Hi Edit!

We are happy to help! When recording a Peek 360 screen recording, there isn't an option to switch the view while the recording is active! What I like to do is pause the recording, and then drag other windows into the recording area. 

If the recording looks different than what you selected to record, then we'll want to look into that!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jen, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

When using Peek 360, you can record the audio from your microphone simultaneously with your video. Peek 360 is perfect for screencasting and creating lessons!  

While Peek 360 doesn't have the ability to record system sound, you can use Alyssa's workaround above if this is what you need. 

Let me know if this answers your questions!

Jen Dunn

Ok. I am now trying to use Replay 360 for my issue and it seemed to work very well. When I tried to publish into an LMS course, I lost audio all together. My goal is  put it into a PP Articulate presentation then into LMS for other learners to view.   Is there something additional that I need to do to have the video and audio play simultaneously so it will play as a LMS course?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jen,

Thanks for trying the workaround, but I'm sorry to hear that you've run into another issue.

Is the audio missing when you publish the Replay 360 project with the video + audio track?

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your .replay project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.