Peek is recording out of the bounded area

Nov 06, 2023

I recorded a piece for a training article and set the bounded area in Peek to the area of my screen I wanted to record. It recorded half of it and half the other area of my screen. In the recording you can clearly see the microphone/pause/done controls, and the mouse cursor is clicking way off to the side.

How can I get this to record correctly and how can I raise a support request? The Peek 360: Technical Support gives a link to browse articles or this forum as the support options. I searched both and returned over 600 results for non-related things, they just had a single word in the search term so I couldn't find help by searching.

I have the recording but as it includes corporate information I can't post it here.

Thanks. Alanna

4 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Alanna!

It sounds like you hit a snag when setting the boundaries for a Peek 360 screen recording.

I see that Ron has been helping you, but I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I've opened a support case on your behalf. Through this case, you can share any sensitive files privately with our support engineers who will be happy to look into this behavior for you!

We can continue troubleshooting through your case to help keep all information in one spot.

Kamani King

Hi,

I have been having the same issue with Peek 360.  I was using two screens, recording from my laptop and from the external monitor. It didn't matter which screen I was recording from it would still only record half the screen.

I have now disconnected the external monitor and am only recording from the laptop and it is working as expected.  It is recording the full screen and the quality of the recording is quiet good.  Even the cursor is in sync with the recording.  (Initially the cursor clicks were not syncing with the same area in the videos) this was when I was recording with Replay 360.  

Hope this helps.