Adding functionalities to existing courses

Jul 12, 2018

Good morning Articulate staff and users, my company has been using Articulate, 2 and 360 for the past couple of years. We want to add functionalities to see time spent on each slide as well as sucess rates for each quiz answers. We have been using Javascript on the first and last page of each presentation to send data but if we were to use the same method, we would need to add a version of this script on each slide. Problem is we have 600 different courses and adding the script via the Articulate interface would require too much time. 

Do you know of a method that would allow us to monitor time spent per slide and quiz results per question/slide without having to add a script on each slide? 

Thank you so much for your time and help!

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Frederic, 

A really interesting setup and question! I'd also imagine that Javascript is the best method, as the timing data isn't built into Storyline directly, but is often captured by the LMS based on how long a user views a slide. As far as how the user answered each quiz question, we will report that to the LMS. Here's a list of all the data we'll send to the LMS when you have a quiz in your Storyline course. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Frederic!

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 58, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the features we've included is:

Create timed interactions and conditional triggers using built-in variables that track the total time a learner spends on a slide, a scene, or an entire course.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.