Articulate Review stuck saying "This item is still processing and will be shown here automatically when ready."

Feb 15, 2022

Hi, I have tried publishing a Storyline simulation file....AReview displays the following message:

"This item is still processing and will be shown here automatically when ready."

Its the first time I am seeing this....been an hour since I published to Review....please help.

22 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rekha,

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to publish to Review 360! We're currently investigating an outage that affects publishing from the desktop apps to Review 360. You can stay up to date on our progress and subscribe for updates on our status page:

Articulate Status

I'll also come back to update this discussion when a fix is in place!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rebecca.

Thank you for reaching out! 

Are you able to publish successfully from Storyline 360 to Review 360 but getting an error when attempting to view the Review 360 link?

Is this happening with every project you try to publish or only a specific one?

Can you send a link to one of those projects to our support team through a case, so we can investigate what's happening?

Daniel McHugh

I just had the  issue. The Processing had been running for almost 8 hours, so I decided publish again. This is a very large video 250Meg in the articulate 360 file that results in it taking about 45 minute to perform the publishing and upload (The video is not set as static so it is generating three different versions of the long video). The last publish has completed uploading and processing but the previous version is still sitting there stuck at processing!

Hate to have to go through random publishing problems so would still be good to see if some one could look into why the one version is still stuck on processing!

Steven Benassi

Hi Daniel!

Happy to jump in here!

Testing your file on my end (64-bit Storyline 360 version 3.82.31354.0 via Windows Parallels on a Mac M1) I too experienced significant delays when publishing to Review 360. As you mentioned, this project contains a rather large MP4 file which is causing the slowdown.

I would suggest re-encoding your videos to see if this will help address the behavior. You can use a tool called Handbrake for this, and you can check out this video to learn how to use it to re-encode your videos.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Daniel McHugh

Problem I have is there is one of the reviews for this .story file that is still processing, 4 days and counting. Looks like the processing is glitched.

It is a very large that I have so far managed to get down to 250Meg. I've reencoded with several different apps. Believe it or not the original edit I had was 7 Gig.. lol. At the moment between storyline and VLC player (Yes VLC can convert videos to!).  I'll double check with handbrake. Every meg counts!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Daniel, 

Thanks for the additional information. I'd recommend opening a case with our support team here  and sharing the affected Review 360 link so we can take a look at why it still hasn't completed processing. Even with a video file that's relatively large, it still shouldn't take Review 360 four days to process the published output so there might be something that got stuck in the publishing process. Additionally, here's a reference video on how to use Handbrake that you can check out to help when resizing your videos.