Comments vanish when new version is republished. [Reason discovered but no fix]

Dec 19, 2023

I have a course which my SMEs have reviewed and I have replied to all their comments indicating completion or further clarification. But when I upload a new version with this changes applied, the "Current Version" is only showing the comments from the course overview page.

Fortunately the orginal version still retains the comments. I even restored the orginal and republished a new version again but the same thing is happening.

Is anyone experiencing issues with comments vanishing when a new version is uploaded to Review and if there is a fix.

6 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Allen,

Happy to chime in! 

A possible reason for why the comments are not being copied from the original version to the current version is a change in the lesson IDs. Without matching lesson IDs, Review 360 will not know when to place comments that are carried over. 

Something like this could happen if the publisher made a copy of the course and then "Published to Review" over the existing Review 360 item. If you used a copy of the course for publishing instead of the original, you'll need to locate the original project file if you'd like your comments to be carried over. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Eric Santos

Hello Michelle!

Review 360 keeps track of revision history, so when you publish a new version of an existing item, it will be the current version, but previous versions are still available for viewing. Please see the article below for details:

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Allen Wong

Thanks everyone. To clarify if anyone has the same issue.

My colleague created the original review link and our SME provided feedback. I created a duplicate of the Rise module to apply the feedback to. When I re-uploaded the updated module almost all the comments disappeared making it impossible for the SME to sign-off all the changes.

The cause:

I used a duplicate of the Rise file instead of the original Rise file. Each Rise file has a unique ID and the review link is associated with that unique ID. Because I used a duplicate to apply the changes, this new file has a new ID which doesn't match the one associated in the review link which caused all my comments to break.