Copy/Paste text into Articulate Review Comments

Jun 22, 2017

Hello. Does Articulate Review not support copying and pasting text (from Word or an email, for example) into comments? It doesn't appear to and this seems strange to me. 

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Shannon,

What browser are you accessing Review in? 

I just tried from my email, a couple lines from a website, and a Google doc - and all those pasted into Review as a comment. I did this in Chrome, but you could use any of the browsers here. 

If you're still having trouble, can you tell me what browser your using, Mac vs. Windows, and what Word version? 

Mark Banit

Just ran into the same issue with Chrome, where I was trying to paste feedback into the comment box and no text would appear..and then the input box would 'freeze' and not let me type at all and I'd have to hit 'Cancel'. Think it might be related to a character count issue...as when I tried grabbing half the amount of text it would paste that in..but if I then tried to copy and paste the remaining text, it wouldn't paste and then it would freeze again and I'd have to hit 'Cancel' and start from scratch. Ended up just having to paste smaller chunks as replies to the comment.

Ren Gomez

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear you're running into the same issue! Can you tell me what you're copying from?

I just tried to replicate the issue in Chrome, but was successfully able to copy from a Google doc, Word, and Storyline 360.

There's a 1500 character limit for each comment per our FAQs, so I think it could be the source file where you're copying from, but I would like to hear more about your process to see if we can nail the culprit!

Mark Banit

Hi Ren,

Thanks for following-up. I was copying just from Notepad... but looks like it was related to the 1500 character limit. I just went back and ran a count on the text and it was just over 1600 characters, so that explains it. It's a rare occurrence that there would be a single comment with that much text, so I'm not concerned about running into it much in the future, but at least now I'm aware of the 1500 char limit that I know to avoid. Thanks for clarifying that!

Mark Hahm

I'm having trouble this morning with copying text from MS word and adding to Review 360 as comment. It is 527 characters. I am using Google Chrome. In addition, the "Backspace" and "Delete" keys do not always function within the Review comment box, but they function fine in other programs on my computer, like in this text box here.  Has this problem come up before?  I'd like to know how best to resolve this issue.    

Ren Gomez

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm on the same Chrome version and successfully pasted text into Review 360 from MS Word 365 (desktop-app version).

Are you able to copy/paste from any other source except Word? I'd also like to mention the Backspace/Delete keys not functioning in Review 360 is not a common error we've noticed.

I'd share this network endpoints article with your IT team as a first step to ensure all endpoints are correctly allowed. If you still see issues with keyboard functions or copy/pasting after that, please connect with our support team to help troubleshoot.

CONNECT WITH SUPPORT
Jose Tansengco

Hi Dean, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. I just tested using Google Chrome Version 119.0.6045.199 (Official Build) (x86_64) and I can confirm that I was able to paste plain text into a Review 360 comment box without any issues. 

As a troubleshooting step, please try recreating the behavior using Google Chrome's incognito mode. There's a possibility that a browser extension you have installed might be preventing the copy and paste function to work properly for Review 360. You'll also want to test the behavior using other browsers just to see if its specific to Google Chrome. If it happens on other browsers, try asking your IT team to add the endpoints mentioned by my colleague Ren here to address the issue. If the issue persists, open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening.