Help: Review360 Requiring Articulate Login to Comment

Jan 12, 2023

Hello, I'm looking for some help regarding an issue that started with our Review360 links. Previously, we could send Review360 links to anyone in the organization and they were prompted to enter their email address in order to comment feedback. However, starting today, after they enter their email address, they are redirected to the Articulate sign-in page and Articulate is requiring them to sign in to comment on a course (username and password). These team members do not have Articulate licenses. We did confirm that the checkbox to "Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment" is checked for publication settings. This is now happening on all Review360 links we distribute. Clearing cache and cookies did not solve the issue, and we confirmed it's not browser-related. Would anyone know what might prompt this change or know of a resolution?

11 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Danielle, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

We recommend opening a case with our support team here and sharing a list of affected users so we can confirm in our system if those email addresses are associated with any Articulate IDs. Users will normally see a login page after commenting if the system detects that their accounts have been used to create an Articulate ID. If you could share the list with us, we'll be glad to verify this for you! 

Kelly Auner

Hi, Kirk!

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue!

I don't see that a support case was ever submitted by Danielle, so I'm happy to start from the beginning. Reviewers can add comments to Review 360 projects without an Articulate ID. They’ll just be prompted to enter their email address to post comments so they can receive notifications for replies. If their email address is tied to an Articulate ID, they'll be prompted to sign in. Did you check the box to Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment?

If you are comfortable sharing a list of users that are being prompted to log in with an Articulate ID, we'll be happy to verify that they do not have an existing Articulate ID and will troubleshoot further! You can share that information with our team, here.

Kirk Wilson

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your email and explanation. We did check the box to allow users with Articulate IDs to comment, however, when the SME we shared the link with attempts to add a comment, they are prompted to provide their email and then either sign into their Articulate account or create one. The SME does not wish to create "yet another account I will never use again" so I am just curious if there is something I am missing. Do we need to republish the course after we select the checkbox. Is there a step we are missing? Or is it something else? 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Kirk,

If your SME is being asked to sign in when leaving a comment, there's a possibility that they've previously used their email address to create an Articulate ID. The best way to confirm is to have your SME reach out to our support team by opening a case here so we can pull up their account to verify.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Jeanie, 

Happy to help!

For your team members who are being prompted to sign in using their Articulate ID before being allowed to leave a comment, they will need to do so even if they do not belong to any active subscription. Please ask them to reset their password here if they no longer remember their Articulate ID password. 

To locate the Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment option:

1. Publish your Rise 360 course to Review 360
  2. Click on the share button while you're viewing the published output in Review 360, not while you're in edit mode in Rise 360. If you click on the share button while you're in Review 360, you'll see there the Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment option.

Hope this helps!

Katherine Holmes

I opened a support case for this issue. It seems like the SME review experience is inconsistent. I had one SME be prompted to login which didn't work. Then she tried to reset her password for an account we weren't sure she had and the link provided in the reset email brought her to an error page. She eventually went to the create an account page that let her setup a username and password which finally allowed her to comment. Another SME with the same issue tried entering in her email several times until she eventually typed it wrong, and that allowed her to make comments without going through all the hassle the other SME went through. This really needs to be fixed. SMEs don't have time to go through all these hoops and given that the experience is inconsistent, it makes it impossible for me to explain/troubleshoot.