Highlighting text for comments in Review 360

Mar 18, 2022

Hi all,

we would like to use Review 360 more but we're missing a way to highlight text/words or mark anything in a lesson to show on which part the comment is relating to. You always see a preview of the whole lesson in the comment, but sometimes it's hard to allocate the part on which the comment is related to. Of course, you could upload a screenshot with a highlight but if there are several comments and e.g. spelling mistakes on a page, this is not a very useful workflow.
Am I missing something or is there any workaround for this?
Thanks in advance.
Heidi

5 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi, Wayne!

Thanks so much for checking in. We don't have any news to share at this time. We'll be sure to update this discussion when we have any news for you all in the future!

In the meantime, I'm curious to hear how others in our talented community have approached their reviewing process. Perhaps they can provide some inspiration! 

James Trout

I have the same need. I'm making specific recommendations, and because the text in question isn't highlighted, my authors can be confused about what to revise.

Please keep this on the roadmap. Review would be incredible useful with this one change. In the meantime, I have to come up with a workaround (right now, I have to have a review session where I explain the comments).

Thank you!

Maurice  Beenakker

A bump to include this option asap.

Some inspiration from how we initiate translation review 

1. First the E-learning is created in English and tested. 

2. The translation is exported. Two options are avaliable, none of them are working ideally. 

1) Export to word and translate the colomn translation. Biggest issue is that variables are also translated using machine translation (the %menu.slides...%). This messes up the variable in the new E-learning.

2) export XLIFF file. Articulate only has version 2.0 and DeepL needs version 2.1. There is a workaround which works. Changing the version to 2.1 in editing notepad.  

3. Import translation. Saving the E-learning, checking and adjusting formatting. 

4. Repeat this for all translations. 

5. Publish to Review 360 and sent link to native speaking colleagues for review.  

Feeback from the colleagues is that it's hard to post comments. Now they make a comment: change <oldtext> into <new text>. Very time consuming and then I need to manually process the new text. 

Most ideal situation is to have it directly changed in the .story file without the need of a license.