Hyperlink not working in 360 review

Sep 29, 2020

Hi,

I am just creating a course with a couple of hyperlinks to two web pages.  These are not opening in 360 review, is that normal or are they wrong?  The trigger box seems to think all is correct but I don't want to publish the course to find there is a problem I should have dealt with.

5 Replies
Bob Partridge

Hi Ren, 

Thank you.  I have tried it in Chrome (our usual browser), safari, firefox and edge.

When I click on the tick button, in the hyperlink edit box, to check them they are working but they don't seem to behave like hyperlinks on the preview or 360 review.  The text is underlined but they have not changed colour or change state on hover.

https://www.veterinaryevidence.org/index.php/ve/index

and

https://www.veterinaryevidence.org/index.php/ve/clinical-queries

Bob Partridge

Hi Lauren,

Yes, the triggers appear.

I have tested putting the hyperlink on some other words, in the title of the slide and this is working correctly.

I have other triggers associated with the text box that the hyperlinks are located in.  These pause the timeline and audio when the text box is clicked. And also make a button visible which allows the users to restart the audio and timeline.  I wondered if all this is causing the problem? but I duplicated the slide and deleted all of this and they are still not working.

I have attached the .story file.  It is slide 1.8 which is causing trouble.  1.7 is the one I have been playing around on.

Thanks for your help.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Bob!

Sometimes the simplest steps do the trick! I copied the text from the text box, created a new text box, and pasted it. Next, I added two new triggers for the hyperlinks and published the slide to Review 360. I'm happy to report that worked!

You can see my testing here!

Do you mind giving this a try and letting me know if that fixed the hyperlinks?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.