Review Feedback Reloads

Feb 06, 2024

Am I the only person who finds the random reloads of Review Feedback to be incredibly frustrating?

You could be halfway through a client's comments when Review decides to update the feedback, sending you all the way back to the top of the list. I assume the reason for the updates is to ensure that any new comments are being shown, but there does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to what triggers this. If there is a way to disable, or even just pause these updates, I would love to know. 

In the event that there isn't a solution, might I suggest an amendment to the Feedback tab. Whatever code is in place that updates the link only when a new version is uploaded should be applied to the FEEDBACK tab, and only update when a new comment is added. If this is not an option, might I suggest disabling the auto-refresh code and adding a little red dot to the FEEDBACK tab to indicate that new comments have been added. It would be nice if something similar could be done when a new version is added [perhaps changing Current Version to Update Available] so that individuals reviewing content aren't unceremoniously kicked back to the start of the content.

I have included a mockup image of how these recommendations could look.

Be the first to reply