Rise 360 - How to Stop/Pause a SL 360 Video?

May 23, 2022

Hello, I have pushed a StoryLine 360 video to Rise 360 for client review.

The SL deck triggers each slide to simply go to the next slide @ end of slide... a continuous "video" look (no Next buttons), etc.

However, there are NO pause/stop controls I can find or my reviewers! This HELP Article: https://articulate.com/support/article/Review-360-Video-Playback-Controls shows Stop/Pause controls if I have uploaded an AVI movie.
But, I have 'Published' a Rise 360 project (which will be a video).

Is there a play/stop (if there is no control buttons on my so my reviewers can study things closer?) for StoryLine 360 'video' published to Review 360?
You can see the issue in this preliminary (unfinished) Review link:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/77e3d4ba-16b3-4f48-85c4-46a28813b6a6/review

Thanks!

7 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Greg.

Thank you for clarifying!

There isn't a way to add the Review 360 play/pause to a published Storyline project. You can only add those buttons to uploaded videos:

"on video projects, including Peek 360 videos, Replay 360 videos, and uploaded video files."

I offered the workaround above since your project was created in Storyline 360.

I hope this helps!

Greg Rose

Thank you, I will try exporting to a video file, then putting that into Review.

Too bad there isn’t a ‘pause’ feature (w/o building in button) for SL 360 exports… where is your link to “add product requests” – I think I will put this in 😊

Best,
Greg

Greg Rose, Ed.D.
Training Coordinator
Univ. of Missouri Kansas City Institute for Human Development
Cherry Hall, 5030 Cherry St., Kansas City, MO
ihd.umkc.edu/
Phone: (816) 235-5382 | Secondary Phone: (816) 654-6024
LinkedIn
[cid:image001.png@01D86F52.441B7080]

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Greg.

You're welcome to submit a feature request to our team using this link!

I just wanted to add a quick note: it looks like your signature with contact information came through when you replied via email. You can remove it by clicking 'Edit' below your response. Here's a quick Peek 360 video if you need help. 

JENNIFER JAMES

I agree, I had to do a search for pausing as well. I am trying to complete feedback for a project and it is difficult to do so when it continues to play through. I have had to go back a topic and replay items over and over. I am now using another application to screen record, open that recording, review the slide, provide the feedback and then repeat as I go. It would be a big time saver to add a pause option during feedback.