Security setting updated for Review links?

May 16, 2022

Hello.

We have a total of six review links.  We load the review links (with comments turned off) into a 3rd party LMS system for viewing.

Links 1 & 2 were loaded early March and work within the LMS as expected.

Around March 25th we loaded review links 3-6 into the LMS and experienced the LMS was never able to load the review url to be viewed / played.  

A work around was to remove the word 'review' from the end of the url and then the link would properly load into the LMS.  We thought odd, but okay, problem solved.  (Mind you, links 1 & 2 are still working fine without issue having the word 'review' at the end.)

Last week when accessing the review links 3-6  it would not 'play' the modules.  Rather it directed us to articulate sign in page.   We attempted to update the LMS with the full / unedited review links and got the same issue as noted above of the LMS never being able to load. 

We have contacted the LMS organization and no settings or security access has changed on their end.  They also are directed to the articulate sign in page when they attempt to access modules 3-6.  Again, 1 & 2 are firing correctly. 

Around this time, a peer got a notice that some of the files we were working on, specifically in the review feature were accidentally shared by articulate outside our organization.  And that security measures were being put into place to correct and prevent reoccurrence.  Could these new security measures have a down stream effect on allowing loading of review links into LMS systems?

3 Replies
Andrea Koehntop

Hi Kendra, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing trying to open some of your review links in your LMS.

A good place to start would be to test your course using SCORM cloud since it's an industry-standard testing engine, and completely free to use. 

If it works as expected in SCORM Cloud, I would advise you to reach out to your LMS for their recommendations and additional information.

If you still see the same behavior in SCORM Cloud, my suggestion would be to open a support case here, so we can take a closer look at your settings.

Kendra Jackson

Thank you for the welcome and tip.  :)

This particular LMS system has been configured to not take SCORM (more of a security setting our organization has put in place and I am not sure why.)

These are purely the review links and not a full packaged file.  :/  We can not figure out why some are working great and other links are not.

Andrea Koehntop

Hi again Kendra!

There was a significant change made to Review 360 in March

We are currently investigating a bug where The link on the email notification for new added comments in review 360 redirects to the sign-in page instead of the Review 360 content.

The workaround is to change the end of the Review 360 link from ending in /feedback to /review.

I have a few questions to begin troubleshooting:

• I realize that you said some of the links ending in /review were not working. Did you have any ending in /feedback that were not working as well?
  • Have you tried testing the links in incognito mode?
  • Is this happening on one specific browser, or more than one?

Please feel free to share your Review link with our support engineers so that we can look into your issue further!