Adding "Continue" button to Rise Quiz

Oct 24, 2018

Hello.

I have a lesson that comes after a Quiz to wrap up the module and thank the student for participating.  However, there is no way to add a "Continue" button in a block for a quiz.

I do not want my students to be able to navigate freely using the sidebar, so I have that options set to "Closed."

Quizzes are considered "lessons" so why is there no option to add Block functionality?   This feature was just rolled out for all other lesson types just last week, so how did Quizzes miss the cut?

What are my options here?  I do see that others have asked the same question in the forums but I am on a tight delivery schedule and need to have this addressed ASAP.  I also see a workaround that someone offered using Storyline, but I do not want to go through that unless it is absolutely necessary.  

This feature should be in Rise.

Thank you.

Dave

181 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rachael! The Rise 360 course sends the learner's quiz score when the learner reaches the quiz result slide. This happens as soon as the quiz result slide for the specified quiz displays, not when the quiz result slide is closed. Read more about the quiz data sent to your LMS here: Rise 360: Quiz Data Sent to an LMS

Please let me know if that answers your question! 

Rachael Sweeten

Thanks,

No, this doesn't really solve the issue or fully answer the question.

It does help to know that the results are recorded, even if the learner is stuck and just navigates away to escape.

I would like the ability to add a more noticeable exit button to the end of the quiz, or a continue button , etc. The escape "X "is not the best UX.

The solution I've come up with it to add another entire section that is nothing but an exit button, since this gives a chance to review also.

I like Rise, and I hope you're adding features and de-bugging.

Thank you,

Rachael 

Rachael Sweeten

@AlyssaGomez 

The screenshot attached above is not a quiz I created but rather an example of the identical problem I faced while taking a quiz as a student in a large software company's product training.  Same issue whether I'm creating it or taking it (UX).  

There is nowhere to really go next.  Depending upon sizing and other screen variations, more features disappear from view.  In some cases back-scrolling is required to bring the "X" into view.   *That is a showstopper dead end to UX right there.  

It is possible that minor programming additions could yield big results in your quiz tool.  

Crystal Horn

Hello, Rachael,

Following up here - your screenshot is showing me that the X button is actually a part of the LMS or hosting platform interface:

highlighting a part of the screen that isn

Have you explored using the Exit Course link that can be enabled when you export your course for LMS? That button makes sure that quiz results are recorded in your LMS, and because it's labeled, it should call your learners' attention.

You could make changes to the course package after you export it, but we can't guarantee that elements won't break.

Crystal Horn

Hi Jeremy! Are you still stuck? I have some questions for you to help with your setup:

• What comes after the quiz? Do you have more lesson content?
  • What are your navigation settings? You can find these in the Theme menu.

If you don't have the previous/next buttons enabled, and you also don't have any sidebar navigation, Rise 360 will automatically add a continue option to go to the next lesson. You can test this in the course preview (the quiz preview won't show navigation to other content).

Shelley Scanlon

I need a continue button to appear after a quiz has been successfully completed. I have read through many threads on this site about this topic and am still struggling.

I see directions that I need to (1) Turn the Sidebar off and (2) Turn off Previous/Next Lesson Buttons.

I have done both and have even just turned Navigation off.

I tested this several times now and it is not consistently showing a continue button after the quiz is successfully completed. Strangely, the button will appear for me the first time I test quiz completion and never again.

What am I missing?

Adrian Pearson

Hello Micah.  Thank you very much for responding to our questions.  I managed to follow the guidance and it seems to work OK now.  It meant a bit of messing about though and I feel that the use of the quiz could be made more flexible to fit in with other blocks although I also understand that questions can be inserted into the main text anyway.  Thanks.  Adrian.

Shelley Scanlon

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/9a7d6d0d-3d55-4d24-995a-b09067487052/review

Thanks for looking at this.
Please let me know if you have any questions or you'd like me to send you anything else.

Shelley

Shelley Scanlon | EH&S Administrative Coordinator
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Office of Environmental Health and Safety
1200 East California Blvd., MC B125-6, Pasadena, CA 91125
O: 626.395.6727 | Fax: 626.577.6028
sscanlon@caltech.edu | safety@caltech.edu | www.safety.caltech.edu