Apex Theme Cover Image

Nov 21, 2023

Hi, 

Are there any tips for working with the Apex Theme cover images, I've selected the Split Left Image and it's incredibly hard to crop the image at the right size so that part of it doesn't disappear when scaling for Tablet or Phone, as attached. 

The quality is also quite lacking... I would use SVG but I have experienced issues with SVGs appearing in web exports previously. Any tips on this would also be appreciated. 

Thank you

5 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Megan!

When working with images in Rise, it's a good idea to use images where important details won't be lost if the edges are cropped. Rise 360 content is fully responsive, so your images may have different dimensions as they adapt to different devices and orientations.

We recommend using high-quality images and letting Rise 360 prepare them for web delivery. However, if you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it.

See more tips on handling images in Rise in the article below:

Let us know if you have questions or need clarification!

Diane Western

Hi, 
With APEX theme (left apex ) (RISE):

If the cover page title has 2 lines and the user's browser zoom is at 80%, we're seeing a 1-pixel non-white line that should not be there at the bottom. (1-pixel line is about 2 or 3 pixels below the left Apex.

The line seems to be the same shades possibly as the graphic.  Line is across entire width of the Cover pg.  (1 line titles are fine. Any other zoom % is fine.)

Am guessing that a 1-pixel openening is splitting inside the white apex covering?   In other words, if the Apex theme uses a covering of white to create the triangular white downward slope at the left, that extra piece of white seems to be aligning about 1 pixel lower than it should.

Clue maybe:  This issue is reminiscent of the old Fireworks days (and low processor speed days, low memory days)  when in web design, we used to let Adobe Fireworks generate an image to be cut into several  smallpieces; Fireworks would also generate the code for the alignment/install of the pieces inside a table.  (The goal back then -- was for a fast load speed of the browser so user would see a page start to load & not have to wait for entire 1 piece graphic to load).

That being said, it seems like the apex corner (white) is aligning about 1 pixel lower than it should align (when user has browser at 80%). So based on Fireworks days, was guessing the Apex theme creates the apex via a table, and that there are a few extra white pieces that create the corners of the apex. 

Hoping there is an easy fix for this.  (Have been testing longer & shorter (height)  graphics in the theme but no luck; thus this post.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Diane,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue.

I tested the behavior on my end using a new Rise 360 course and can confirm that I was able to replicate the issue. I've filed this as a possible bug with our product team. I've also added this community post to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Phil Foss

I remember those Fireworks days Diane! Just as I had mastered manually cutting up a psd into a perfect tabled layout, Fireworks came along. But this issue with Apex cover has been mentioned before, I diagnose the issue and provide a fix you can add to your course, hopefully Articulate will implement this too.

Diane Western

Hi Phil, 

Thank you so much!  Serendipitous that you were creating this video recently!
I will work through this (unless we just republish everything to the RISE theme).

Too funny about cutting up a PSD for a table -- I had done the same, too, before discovering the Fireworks feature. Then along came CSS....then WP.  (Then who knows what AI will bring in the next leap forward...)

Thank you for your help. This is great. I'm not fond of wading through containers, so  really appreciate your expertise.