Arrow on tab interactions issue

May 02, 2019

So on one employee's desktop, there is an arrow being displayed on the tabs and the arrow does nothing when clicked on. On someone else's desktop that arrow is not being displayed. I've tried zooming in and I dont see that arrow so I'm not sure why its being displayed for them. I've attached both screenshots. Both were taken in Google Chrome.

15 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out! In the screenshot with the arrow, you'll notice that the third tab's title is being partially cut off. This is likely happening because the screen size is smaller than in the screenshot without the arrow. The arrow appears so that you can view the full title.

I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Diana Gualda

I am experiencing the same issue. I have no empty/blank extra tabs, and it shows the arrow even when the tab titles are a single letter, and there are only two tabs. The arrow is there when adding a brand new Tabs block, using another user's template Tab block. The arrow also shows in any Tab block in Rise course templates or pre-made courses . I am using a Chrome browser.

User User
Hazel Bartolome

Great news, everyone! We have updated Rise to fix the issue where an unnecessary arrow would appear on a Tabs block. Please let me know if you continue to have any trouble with this!

This is happening to me right now (unnecessary last blue arrow). Including the fade-out effect. How can I fix this? I have seven tabs and the 'educational pamphlet' tab is the last one.

Tracy Burrell

Hi folks, I've just been tech reviewing a newly developed course by a colleague that has been exported as a SCORM 1.2 object and uploaded to our Moodle v4.1 LMS, and have come across this issue. Is it a regression from a recent software update you have done perhaps? It appears to be randomly happening. For example, for a 6 tabs interaction, the right hand arrow button appears on the 4th tab, but when clicked on it doesn't move you across to the 5th tab. However, if I click just under the arrow in the tiny bit of the 5th tab that I can see, then that appears to start the arrow button into working correctly. We're using Articulate 360 and Chrome browsers.

Steven Benassi

Hi Tracy!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback with tabbed interactions after uploading a course to your LMS!

Testing the behavior on my end, in Google Chrome, I was unable to reproduce the same issue. Here's a quick screen recording of how it looks for me! To clarify, can the same issue be observed across all supported browsers after clearing the cache? Also, have you had a chance to test your file in SCORM Cloud to determine if the issue is LMS-based?

Looking forward to hearing from you!