Audio for Rise Quiz Questions?

Sep 24, 2020

I'm looking to add narration to rise quiz questions, can this not be done? When I click add media, it only allows for pictures or videos. This seems really strange, because Video also contains audio... So do I need to upload a video with just my audio in order for this to work? Not sure how this makes sense or was missed, but maybe i'm mistaken.

41 Replies
Paul Johnson

The ability to add audio to quizzes would be a game changer for many of your customers, reading through the discussion forum. We have customers all over the world and sometimes they like to have their courses narrated in their own language. I really think its something that needs to be taken seriously.

Eleanor Richter

Hello Articulate Team!  I, too, am looking to add audio voiceover to quiz questions for accessibility purposes.  Has this feature been added yet, by chance?

Thank you!

Ellie

WORKAROUNDS:  You can either use the text-to-speech feature under the Audio button in Storyline and then import your storyline quiz into your Rise presentation (I have not tested tracking yet with this).

OR

You can make a PowerPoint slide with the question, import it into Replay 360, add voiceover, then save as a JPEG.  Then in your Rise quiz question you can click on the import media button and import the JPEG.  Pretty involved workaround but it functions.

Luciana Piazza

Hello Ellie, 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing workarounds in this thread!

We do not have any updates to share at this time. I’ll go ahead and include your voice to this report. We’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap.

Have a wonderful afternoon and happy developing!