Bookmarking Issues with Rise

Feb 25, 2021

Hi, I have a client for whom I've created a suite of courses in Rise. When they have uploaded the courses into their LMS it appears that the bookmarking feature isn't working and learners are losing their progress when returning to an unfinished module.

Unfortunately, as a contractor, I don't have direct access to their LMS so am unable to check anything myself, however, I have confirmed that they are not using any of the ready-made LMS solutions available, and are instead using Oracle plugins for SCORM 1.2 and 2004 on their own site.

They also have their own eLearning publishing software which has not seen these issues arise, it only seems to occur when using Articulate-created content. I've not personally dealt with non-standard LMS systems before so after a few basic checks I'm at a bit of a loss. Any suggestions would be welcome.

3 Replies
Louis Rosario

Unfortunately, there are several possibilities why it wouldn't work, here are a few suggestions you could try:

1. Turn on debug mode and have them try a course to see where the communication fails.

2. Make sure the "exit course" link is selected when you export and ask them to try using the exit course button. Some browser changes don't allow communication when the browser is closed for security reasons. Using the exit course link by-passes that issue.

3. Upload your SCORM file to SCORM Cloud just to make sure it works as expected.

Hope this helps, custom LMS solutions are tricky to troubleshoot.