Cannot move course to a Rise folder

Nov 27, 2019

I have two courses in Rise that I cannot move to any pre set folders. I am the creator of these courses so why not? It seems I can create a new folder and place them into this newly created one, but NOT add them to one that is already in place.

4 Replies
Susi B

Hi Barry,

are you working in Edge? If not, please test if it´s working there. As far as I know this is a recommended browser for Rise.

Maybe you can share a screenrecording with us, so we can see, what is happening (or not). If you didn´t already knew, when "moving" a course to a folder it doesn´t disappear from the "all courses" folder.

Or you can contact the support directly here.

Regards

Susi

Barry Griffiths

Hello.

Sorry I have not got Peek installed (my IT team are in process so cannot give you that option i'm afraid.

Two images are attached. Pic 1 shows the two courses sitting in the All courses folder. I'd really like to move them to my own folder on the left (Barry Griffiths)

Pic 2 shows the options I get when I try to move them. The Barry Griffiths folder (indeed any other folders) are not shown. I can create a new folder though (eg Barry 2) but this is not what I want!

I simply want to put my course in my folder (Barry Griffiths)

All the best

Crystal Horn

Thanks for that screenshot, Barry. That really helps. It looks like some folks on your team at one time have been removed from user seats, and their content has been transferred. This article describes what happens to content when it's transferred to a new user, including Rise 360 content.

The original Barry Griffiths folder looks like a transfer folder, and you won't be able to move new content into it, as detailed further in that article. You can move any content from that folder into your new Barry 2 folder, delete the original folder, and then rename your new folder.

If you're finding that you're trading team seats a lot, feel free to ask us about adding more seats to your team! We want to make managing your content easier, and part of that will be making sure every author has a seat on your team.

Let me know if I can help further!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.