Embedding Local Content on a Intranet site?

Hello,

Is it possible to embed Storyline 360 (try interactions) that are hosted locally and only accessible on an intranet?  I have tried the URL/EMBED and I am receiving the following error "Please enter a valid URL or iframe or make it public"

Does Rise support local content to be embedded that is on an intranet site, or does it have to be hosted on a 3rd party site or something accessible from outside of the intranet?

I plan to download the project and store it on the intranet site so the content would be accessible to internal participants only. 

I appreciate your help.

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Gerry, 

Rise is verifying the URL when you use the URL/Embed option. If Rise can't see the URL (because it's only accessible from a private network) it's not able to verify it and won't embed it. 

What you're describing sounds like a neat idea though - so you're always welcome to submit the Feature request here in addition to sharing here in ELH. Thanks! 

Camilla Smith

RE IS A SOLUTION AND WORK AROUND!

My brilliant colleague and I have devised this and it works perfectly.

To create intranet links in Rise:

1. Make a separate Storyline project. Don't make a slide as it won't work (haven't tested it with a scene though.)
  2. Then in the slide, add your intranet hyperlink.
  3. Ensure the window opens to a New Window (not to open inside Rise or it won't work).
  4. Add it as a Storyline block in Rise.

Amazing. So happy we now can use Rise to host our company's intranet links.

Cheers!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Christophe,

There are two ways you can upvote a feature request:

1. You can leave a +1 comment here. This will also automatically subscribe you to this discussion thread where we will share updates on the feature request.

2. You can submit a feature request on your own. Our team does monitor the volume of feedback we receive.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!