Pinned Reply
71 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Johannes! Thanks for chiming in and sharing your thoughts here. We don't have any updates on this request yet, but we're still tracking requests for the ability to change the background color in Rise courses.

I'll share your feedback with our team! I'll update you all here if we make any changes that help!

Greg Brown

Just weighing in, almost 3 years after the original request, in order to keep this feature request at top-of-mind for the Articulate folks.

I love having the ability to change the background color of my trainings in Rise, as it gives each training a slight, subtly different feel. 

But having to go through and update each individual block every single time is such a pain. It seems like it should be easy enough to have a global default for a course that can be set to something other than white, and then people can change individual block backgrounds as it works now.

Basically, instead of hard-coding the default background as #FFFFFF, just have a field in the settings section that allows us to change that. If you really want to get fancy, include a radio button option for "Apply to all blocks now" and "Apply only to new blocks going forward". This way people could build different sections of their training with different background colors if they wanted, very easily.

Thanks!

Sara Andersson
Greg Brown

Just weighing in, almost 3 years after the original request, in order to keep this feature request at top-of-mind for the Articulate folks.

I love having the ability to change the background color of my trainings in Rise, as it gives each training a slight, subtly different feel. 

But having to go through and update each individual block every single time is such a pain. It seems like it should be easy enough to have a global default for a course that can be set to something other than white, and then people can change individual block backgrounds as it works now.

Basically, instead of hard-coding the default background as #FFFFFF, just have a field in the settings section that allows us to change that. If you really want to get fancy, include a radio button option for "Apply to all blocks now" and "Apply only to new blocks going forward". This way people could build different sections of their training with different background colors if they wanted, very easily.

Thanks!

full support for this!

Tim St. Clair

+1 from me.

The only way to thoroughly change the background on a Rise 360 course is to edit the course by hand after publishing. That in itself can cause some issues, as Rise tends to hard code background colours on some block types and not others.

I downloaded, unpacked and then edited the scormcontent/index.html file and added a new reference to a custom CSS file where I could do my own colour work.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="custom.css">

For instance, in my example below I have had to remove the background colour on the process block as Rise puts in a default value of something like #f4f4f4. This gets rendered to the HTML tag as a 'background-color' style, which of course overrides any CSS. You have to go in and manually edit those to be the correct colour (or edit it in the base64 content block inside the index, if you know how). Only then can you begin to ensure styles can be applied. It's fiddly time consuming work.

example colour change

There is no way to re-load these custom styles back up into Rise or Review afterwards, so if you make changes in the source you have to then remember to go back to the downloaded package and re-apply the extra changes back to the published package.

I've attached the custom.css file that was used to render the course above in case anybody is interested. It's not the greatest formatting and doesn't cover every block type that Rise can offer - but it might show someone a place where they can start on their ever-treacherous road to customising Rise outputs. Some bits are ugly - I mainly wanted to find out what could be changed, not design something beautiful.

I wish they would implement a way to change the background colour of every element - AND automatically adjust foreground text colours based on established contrasting colour guidelines and practices.