Co-Owners for Rise Courses

Jul 23, 2018

Hi all,

Is it possible to assign a co-owner to a course?

I'm interested in setting up Rise so that multiple team members can currently have permission to edit and export a course.

Thanks,

-Ben

114 Replies
Dan Fletcher

Glad to hear it's in the works but figured I'd throw out there that this has been a MAJOR issue for us since we started using Rise and has led to many headaches with version tracking. When only one team member can export, there's a tendency to copy courses back and forth rather than just sharing so that all collaborators can edit settings and export. We're currently in the midst of digging ourselves out of an issue with versioning that is quite a bear to tackle. Looking forward to this feature being available.

Geert van der Wijk

Hi, please keep me notified on this topic.  Co-ownership is a must for our University too.

In addition it would be really helpful if we can make a difference between co-owners and instructors. At the moment a small group of instructional designers develops the course material in cooperation with the instructors/teachers on a certain topic.  Our teachers don't need a full articulate 360 license, but it would be great if they had some options to make small adjustments to a course (eg changing text or links in a block).

Allison LaMotte

Will do, Geert! :) You're now subscribed to this conversation which means as we share updates here, you’ll automatically be notified.

Regarding your other request, unfortunately in order to make any kind of edits - even small ones - teachers will need to have a subscription. However, another option would be to send them the course in Review 360 so they can add comments and you can make the changes for them.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

Paul Archibald

Adding my vote. This would be really useful for our teams. Any update on this? Also, I think we should clarify exactly what we want. While it would be good to give collaborators publishing rights, I think the better feature is co-ownership. This would allow the owners to add more collaborators and have full rights to the course.