Completion of Scorm file from Rise 360 does not transfer into Canvas Gradebook

Apr 30, 2020

Greetings everyone, 

I developed short units on Rise 360, save them as SCORM files, and upload them as SCORM into my Canvas LMS. I have tried to select graded assignments or ungraded assignments - regardless, nothing transfers to the grade book. 

I tried to select several type of "grading" within Canvas to see if one would work - Complete/Incomplete, or points - all I see is a X in the grade book, or a zero if students tell me they did do the unit. 

The LMS person at my university is not familiar with Articulate products, and some of the settings are done at the System level - so I have not had any luck to get this fixed on my end.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you

Virginie

17 Replies
Justin Harvey

Same issue here. SCORM packages loaded into Canvas using their SCORM LTI (what kind of LMS doesn't support SCORM out of the box???) and I'm finding that although tracking seems to work, in that it remembers what page I was up to, complete/incomplete and/or scores do not come through.

Driving me bonkers. I've been tasked with developing a method of tracking whether a user has completed an Articulate Rise module in Canvas, and then using that completion status to 'unlock' a feature on a page. But without the ability to track something as simple as a completion, it's proving difficult. Love Rise, but it does not play with Canvas nicely. But I think that's more to do with Canvas.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Justin,

Some LMS's won't receive completion data unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

There are two ways you can add Exit Course functionality to your course:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the Rise 360 course again in your LMS, and let me know if the completion data is communicated correctly!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Justin. 

Have you done any testing in SCORM Cloud yet?  If so, are you getting the same results that you get in Canvas? That'll indicate whether the issue lies within the Rise 360 course or if it's related to Canvas. We are happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your LMS output file!

Edith Olexiuc

Hello Everyone,

I have solved this issue by using Firefox, I tested two separate modules one with a quiz at the end and one without.  For the one with a quiz I used the quiz to track completion if they submit they get a grade.  The one without I used Track using course complete 100% and upon closing my browser (I did not use the EXIT COURSE button although I do make it available) the grade appeared in the Canvas gradebook.

Continuous Improvement & Training

Hello everyone, I've run into an issue that when edits are made to a single Rise course and published then as SCORM into the Canvas site as a graded assignment, we have multiple versions of that assignment/Rise course (even though it's been removed from the Module) in the grade book. This is confusing our learners. Is there a workaround for this that I'm just not aware of?