Content in Rise Table Blocks not Responsive

Sep 08, 2020

Hi, I've found that everything in Rise is wonderfully responsive, with the exception of table blocks. Content looks fine in desktop view, but when I preview in other views (the worst being portrait smartphone), the text in the table's cells is randomly chopped every which way. It looks like a word salad. Is there any way to mitigate this? Thanks. 

8 Replies
Kevin Pierce

Hi Alyssa,

Yes, I did manually alter some of the column widths after I created the table. Does that affect the responsive formatting?

I'd send you the share link, but I've already deleted the table and designed a workaround. I created a one slide Storyline block and inserted it into the Rise course. It doesn't look as nice as the table that's native to Rise, but it ensures that the copy isn't oddly chopped up when scaling it to fit other screen formats.

I'd like to know for future reference what you think is the issue, since the native table feature is a big plus. Thanks. 

Kevin Pierce

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the link to the other discussion. So, it looks like manually-adjusting table borders (either column borders or row borders) somehow upsets the "breakpoints" that Rise has pre-programmed to automatically adjust the table responsively when a user switches between different formats: desktop/landscape, phone/portrait, etc. Since Rise doesn't know where to insert the line breaks as the format changes, it inserts breaks at odd places within words. It's unfortunate that this is the case, because manually-adjusting column and row borders in Excel tables is so common. I'll have to remember not to apply that method to Rise tables.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.