Continue "after" website link (Rise)

Apr 09, 2020

I have a button titled "Video Link" that will open a website in a new window for the learner to watch a video. I have a "continue" button underneath this "Video Link" button. I want to lock the "continue" button until the "Video Link" button has been clicked. However, it seems that the locked "continue" button becomes active immediately upon scrolling, which would allow the learner to completely by-pass the link. I have also tried this with a simple text hyper-link. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I could better control this? (Embedding the video is not an option) 

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Tony!

Although button blocks are interactive, you can’t require learners to complete them.

You can use continue blocks to require learners to complete carousel blocks, checkbox lists, audio blocks, video blocks, accordions, tabs, labeled graphics, processes, sorting activities, flashcards, knowledge checks, scenario, and Storyline blocks.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.