Course completions not recording for some users

Nov 10, 2020

Hello everyone! Our organisation uses SAP SuccessFactors as our LMS and for the past several months (since mid-May 2020), we have experienced issues where course completions are not recording for some of our users. 

The behaviour is very inconsistent - some users don't have any issues with the courses, while others do. It is happening to a range of different courses.

I've done some research and found that this is caused by the recent Google Chrome releases, where Chrome no longer allows synchronous XHR. SuccessFactors have applied a patch to their system in early September, but this has not resolved the issue for us. Our Technology department also rolled out a global group policy, which has enabled the browser option of 'Allows synchronous XHR requests in page dismissal', but some of our staff are still experiencing issues with their courses not recording.

We have recorded watch logs while our staff complete their courses from start to finish and these show an 'incomplete' completion status is being sent from the course to the LMS.

SAP have suggested we build an Exit button within the courses, rather than use the buttons provided by the LMS for users to close the courses. They said that this will stop the course from making synchronous calls and completions will be captured without any issues. Most of our courses are built and published from Rise 360. We have tried to import a Storyline block and use this to track completion, but this did not work (we are going to look into this process again as this is our first time testing this and want to make sure we've set it up correctly).

Given this issue seems to have impacted Learning Management Systems beyond our organisation, I am hoping to get some advice and see if anyone else has managed to resolve the issue. I'd also be interested to hear from others also using SAP SuccessFactors as their LMS and see whether they have been able to resolve the issue.

Many thanks!

Jade

26 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Amy!

It sounds like the completion status of your Storyline course is not being registered in your LMS. Sorry to hear that, but I'd be happy to assist!

A helpful first step would be testing your course on SCORM Cloud. It's an online LMS environment that can be used to determine if an issue lies with the Storyline course or the LMS itself. If you test your course on SCORM Cloud and it's working as intended then your issue is likely LMS-based.

If you can reproduce the same issue on SCORM Cloud, please share a copy of your .story file with our support engineers who would be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!