Custom Font in Rise not Working

Nov 23, 2020

Hi there, my company would like to use Futura font. I have uploaded this paid licensed font WOFF file, but it doesn't seem to take. When I go back to the edit screen of the custom font, there is no file there. I have tried a few different ways, but everything I try fails. Is there something that I am missing?

https://rise.articulate.com/share/7JnwYKFWuRKHKXGyVINvrX5bYkkGnT-U

11 Replies
Toby Hone

Hi Karl, thanks for the tip, but that didn't resolve this issue.

User experience:

I upload the files and press save, then select Futura and the font for the heading and body - the text defaults back to the serif font. When I go back to look at Futura (i.e. Manage Custom Fonts, edit) there are no files present (it is blank)?!?

I thought it may be corrupted woff files, so I converted our ttf files over to WOFF, using your link, but that got the same result. We pay for a license with Futura, do you need to see this to 'enable Futura' fonts on your system? Thanks

Toby Hone

Hi there Alyssa - thanks for getting back to me.

Below you will find the woff files that were shared by the Marketing team. They also shared ttf files that I treid converting to woff using your link - neither of these attempts worked for me. Cheers, :)

Crystal Horn

Hi Toby. Thanks for sharing those files. I was able to add Futura-LT-Medium.woff into my course and use it successfully.

Have you tried in a different browser or clearing your current browser cache? I wonder if there is something that is preventing those files from saving correctly. If that doesn't work, we can have a closer look at your environment. Just click here and we'll go through everything with you one-on-one.

Soren J Birch

I am having the exact same problems this morning. Except I am trying to do it with Purista, also a licensed font paid for by my company for web use (Via Adobe TypeKit).

I used the tool to convert the TTF to WOFF, and it works fine for previewing in the font conversion tool.

But as soon as I upload it, I default back to what ever default font my browser uses. See here

Soren J Birch

Why is my comment still invisible?

Soren J Birch
4 days ago
I am having the exact same problems this morning. Except I am trying to do it with Purista, also a licensed font paid for by my company for web use (Via Adobe TypeKit).

I used the tool to convert the TTF to WOFF, and it works fine for previewing in the font conversion tool.

But as soon as I upload it, I default back to what ever default font my browser uses. See here

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.