Disable Quiz Results in Rise?

Jan 22, 2018

Is there a way to disable the quiz results in Rise. We love all the question options in Rise, but don't want to score our learners.

59 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Fernando! Here are 2 alternatives to the quiz in Rise 360:

• If you don't need to report a score of your quiz questions to a learning management system (LMS), you could build the same type of assessment using knowledge check blocks in a lesson. Knowledge checks are a great way to engage your learners and help them check their understanding.
  • If you still need score information sent to your LMS, but you want to customize the quiz and whether they see results, consider embedding a quiz built in Storyline 360.

Let me know if you have questions on those options!

Bdor Alotaibi

Hi

is there any updates for disable the quiz score for learners?

In case we can’t disable the score, is there any way to add a text field for the learner to write his feedback or answers without getting score? I need to make brainstorming session for the learners and getting his idea or feedback without any scoring.

Looking for your response.

Ellen Price

Hi, Crystal - 

I'm in the same boat as all the others who, over the past year, have asked about disabling the quiz results on Rise. 

I want to give a survey to learners at the beginning of the course to determine their experience with the topic and the relevance of the topic to their jobs. Obviously, there would not be correct answers to these survey questions. However, we want to track these results through the LMS, which knowledge checks do not provide.

I have seen the recommendation to embed a quiz built in Storyline 360. I have a few questions about this: 

• Will the results report to the LMS?
  • Is there a way to remove the black sides on the Storyline frame? 
  • Is there any way to embed only one slide at a time or will I need to create a new Storyline file for each ungraded quiz I want to include? 

Thanks in advance,
Ellen

Alyssa Gomez

Great questions, Ellen! 

First, it sounds like you would benefit from a survey block in Rise 360. We're tracking requests for that feature, so I'll add your vote there.

For now, smart idea to a Storyline block as a survey! Let's get to your questions:

• Will the results report to the LMS?

Question-level details from Storyline Blocks aren't sent to the LMS.

• Is there a way to remove the black sides on the Storyline frame? 
    Yes! Simply adjust the player theme from Dark to Light. Then, set the background of the Storyline Block to white, and the slide will blend seamlessly. 
  • Is there any way to embed only one slide at a time or will I need to create a new Storyline file for each ungraded quiz I want to include? 
    Yes, you can embed one slide at a time. When you publish the Storyline 360 content to Review 360, select the publish a single slide option. You'll want to do this for each slide in your Storyline content.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Shelly Briscoe

I wanted a way to give custom feedback after an incorrect answer (that tells them where they can go back and find answers), and custom feedback after a correct answer (that includes a link to their personalizable badge of honor). They should only be able to get to the badge if they've completed each activity in its entirety and retrieved the badge words "hidden" throughout the course. I know I probably gave you more information than you wanted, but this is why I didn't want to reveal the answers at all - just give the feedback. 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for the context, Shelly! That use case sounds like a good use of Storyline 360. You can build the quiz in Storyline, customize the feedback any way you like, then embed it in Rise 360 using a Storyline block

You can track the Storyline block quiz score by choosing the quiz tracking option when you publish from Storyline to Review 360, and then choosing to track the Rise course by the Storyline block

In that scenario, the quiz score will be sent to the LMS, but question-level details aren't sent to the LMS for Storyline blocks.

Kavitha Nair

Hi, 

If I use the Knowledge check instead of a quiz, can I tag this to Course completion based on correct/wrong answer?

I have been using the quiz as an acknowledgement survey for our compliance courses. Just one question that says "I have read and understood the policy" - Options Accept and decline. My LMS report is tracking how many people have accepted and declined based on Passes/Failed status. I would like to hide the results slide. 

Can this be done using Knowledge Check? 

Thanks,

Kavitha

Crystal Horn

Hi Mike! If you need to track the learner's score, there won't be a way to hide the quiz results from the learner's view.

If you don't need the learner's score, however, you can create a lesson with knowledge check blocks which don't get reported to the LMS, and are assessed individually, simply as correct or incorrect.