Does Rise have the feature of "find and replace"?

Sep 21, 2020

Hello all,

I am going to find and replace a word with some other word in RISE. Do you know if RISE has the same feature/tab as Storyline 360 that can find and replace the word throughout the whole course? I couldn't find any post related to this  RISE issue. 

Thank you very much in advance!

Phoebe

70 Replies
Pamela Harrell, FGCC Staff Development Administrator

Thanks, Stan. I have tried duplicating the course, exporting it to XLIFF, editing the XLIFF in Notepad (performing a find/replace there) and then importing the revised XLIFF file back into my duplicate course. I get the message that the file was imported successfully, but when I look, the changes did not port over. Can anyone tell me where I may have gone wrong in using the XLIFF process in the Rise 360 Course Settings under the Translation tab?

NOTE: It would be awesome if there was a HTML view/editor built into Rise 360. This would solve 99% of the issues I have run into so far.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Pamela, 

You'll need to edit the translation file that you got in Rise 360 using a valid translation tool like Smartcat for the changes that you made to appear on your course. Editing a file using Notepad or something similar will not have any effect on your course once the translation file is imported. 

Phyllis Russell

Add my vote as well to update Rise with a "find and replace" feature.
Thank you!

Regards,

*Phyllis Russell *

*Sr. Instructional Designer *

*Learning & Organizational Development *

*Hours:* 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, CST

*Email: prussell@blend.com or
phyllis.russell@title365.com *

*Phone: *(650) 550-4810, Ext. 2072

[image: Logo Description automatically generated]

Luciana Piazza

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Your Call L& D and Phyllis! We'll be sure to update this thread if we have any news or updates to share in the future. 

Phyllis: It looks like part of your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Hope you both have a great start to the week!