Double scrolling in a storyline block in rise

Dec 16, 2021

Hi all, 

I have a storyline block within a rise course which has some layers with small scrolling panels. 

When viewing the course, and scrolling within the scrolling layer/SL block, the whole rise course it sits within scrolls down as well as the small panel. It's quite disorienting!

Has anyone had this before or is there a setting somewhere in either rise or storyline that would fix this? 

Thank you

5 Replies
Carers of Dundee

Hi Lea, we are not using an LMS, just the rise.articulate.com hosting. I've tried it on chrome and firefox and it happens on both.

I can't share the link publically. Is there a way I could send it you privately? If it helps, this is only happening when I use the trackpad or mouse to scroll. If I click on the scroll bar on screen and drag down it is only the storyline block that moves.

Thanks

Ellie

Lea Agato

Sure thing, Ellie! You can share your SL course and share link privately using this form. It would also help if you can include more details explaining your issue. Screenshots would be very helpful! Our customer support engineers will reach out and work with you directly on your issue. 

Jose Tansengco

Hello Alexander, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into a similar issue. 

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience: 

• Have you tested the behavior on different browsers? 
  • If you're viewing your course on a laptop, does the same behavior happen for both the mouse and your laptop's trackpad?
  • What happens when you click on the Storyline 360 block first before scrolling, does this change anything in the behavior? 

Additionally, it would be helpful if you could share a copy of your course with us through a support case so we can observe the behavior on our end. We'll delete it when we're done taking a look!