Embedded Rise to other website error

Jan 25, 2019

I have a Rise course which is embedded in my Drupal site. Everything worked fine until today. When I accessed the site, the "iframe" did not load the content. I received a message which said, "rise.articulate.com refused to connect". I thought it was my Drupal server but when I tried with another site such as my WordPress or even w3school, the same notification comes up. 

Does anyone else have the same issue? Is there any way to fix?

Thanks

Thao Tran

8 Replies
Justin Grenier

Hi Thao, Adrian, and Francis.

We recently made a change to our Rise 360 infrastructure to improve user security. This change prevents malicious actors from impersonating Rise content when it’s used in an iframe. This change also prevents users from embedding Rise content using the Rise share link. I’m sorry that this impacted your content.

The Rise share link is not meant as a long-term web hosting solution. You can find more info about this in the Articulate 360 Terms of Service. When you’re ready to share a Rise course with learners, you’ll need to publish your course for web or a learning management system (LMS).

For now, we’ve reverted this change, so your embedded content will work. We’ll reinstate this security enhancement soon, so you’ll need to find a different way to share your content.

We’ll give you a heads-up before we re-implement the change permanently.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thao Tran

Hi Justin, 

Thank you so much for your response. 

Although we are aware that embedding is not the best way to share our content, we have decided to use this as a quick solution for this semester for limitations in the time of development and implementation of the project. We are waiting for the hosting option from our institution IT department. Meanwhile, we have to use this method to allow our student to access the material. 

Again, thank you so much for reverting the security change, we are appreciated this action from the Articulate team. 

Regards,

Thao Tran

Adrian Smith

Hi Justin,

Do you know the approximate time frame you will reinstate the security enhancement?

One of the main reasons we were embedding the share link is the fact that you can easily edit the Rise package and the changes are instant.  This makes it easy for our academics to edit the content on the fly, instead of having to republish every time they make a small change.

Will Articulate by any chance look at implementing a feature that is similar to the share link that is more secure? So Rise packages can be embedded into an iFrame?

Francis Kneebone

Hi Justin, 

Our Faculty has planned out for the next 5 months of delivery based on Rise content that could be dynamically edited by staff in a simple way, one of the reasons we love this product/service. 

We have been developing and planning with this strategy for the last six months across nearly 100 Rise courses in our Faculty alone.  Our online delivery goes live in a few weeks.

If you can give us enough lead time to change our strategy along with your product changes it would take us 5 months to 'teach out' out current strategy without major disruptions to our programs and staff.  Semester 2 we can move forward with a new strategy knowing with enough notice what Rise is able to do.  

Are you able to give us a time frame for the lead time you mentioned here.  

Francis

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.