English Question Bank was translated to French but won't imported into the copied course.

Jun 26, 2023

How to import the French translation file which has a Question Bank?
The Coarse text import OK but the translated Question Bank is missing?

Am I to assign I have to re-translate my already translated Question banks XML to a text file and then cut and paste every single line into a new question for each and every question to just have another Question bank in another language?

If so, then that sucks bigger than big time.

Please Advise if I'm doing something wrong here in Rise 360.

5 Replies
Ken Flieger

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz waiting for an answer zzzzzzzzzz

I'm I to make a copy of the English question bank and name it the same as the copy of the course the French that I made for translation? Totally confused as to how the XML translation file imports the French translation version of the file with the Question bank when I import the file to the coarse the copied version. ?????? Hope I explained that better than Lucy.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Ken! I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties translating your course with Question Banks.

Rise 360's draw from question banks isn't being included in the exported XLIFF translation file. We've submitted this to our product team for investigation. Currently, there isn't a workaround in place. We'll keep you posted as soon as we receive updates or if we make changes to this behavior.

Ken Flieger

Question Bank Questions ARE (I repeat, ARE) been included in the Export XLF file, Rise just doesn't import the Question Bank after it's been translated. So Again I ask what is the procedure?

Question Banks or in an part (TAB) of your rise website. Should Rise automatically create a new Question Bank from the Translation file? or .............. ?????????? PLEASE MAKE A VIDEO.

1. Make an English Translation file from Course that has a QUESTION BANK

2. Translate the XLF file in whatever language you choose.

3. Now import the XLF file and show me the Question Banks as Translated or HOW TO DO IT !!!!

David Maddocks

Ken,

I just ran into the same issue. An English course that used a question bank was translated into French. The questions were translated and show up in the French version of the course, but it didn't create a French version of the question bank. In order to edit the French questions, we have to build a new question bank in French and link that to the course. Hope this helps.