Exiting Rise course in progress then previous lessons are not marked complete when accessing again

Sep 14, 2023

Hi! We have a replicable scenario where a learner starts a course in the LMS, exits, goes back into the RISE course to complete and the previous lessons are no longer marked complete, but it lets them start where they left off. Everything moves along fine until they access a knowledge check and complete it, then on the Continue bar a message displays that "Lessons must be completed in order." I am attaching screen caps of the various settings. We need to restrict navigation so turning that off is not an option (I suppose I could and hide the TOC but I'd rather not).

5 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Caryl! I understand that previously completed lessons in Rise aren't being marked as complete when users exit the course and return.

Have you tried testing out your content in SCORM Cloud and comparing the results that you are experiencing with your LMS? If your content works properly at SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, you may need to open a support case with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue.

Let me know if you continue to encounter the issue in SCORM Cloud.

Caryl Gassler

This was my first experience with SCORM cloud. Since the issue happens when the learner exits the course then resumes, I am not sure if the SCORM cloud is capturing that action properly. It does work when I exit SCORM could and resume. However, I have found that when I enable Restricted Navigation in RISE, that is when the issue happens in our LMS. When I do NOT restrict navigation, the course functions as expected. Would you surmise this is still an LMS issue?

Gren Foronda

Hi Caryl!

The behavior you have discussed sounds like a symptom of when a course has exceeded the SCORM suspend data limits. Did you publish to SCORM 1.2? See more details about this here:

If you have a large course that exceeds suspend data limits, try shortening the course or splitting it into smaller modules. Or, export your course for SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition, both of which support much longer suspend data.

Should the issue persist, we recommend filing a support case, so we can look into this issue further.