Fill in the blank knowledge check

Sep 28, 2018

Hi There

I'm new to using rise. Is it possible to use the fill in the blank knowledge check question as more of a reflection activity for the learner where there is no right or wrong answer? Is there a way to change the settings so that the learner cannot get it wrong as it's their own reflection? Or is there another tool I could use for this purpose?

Thanks

Jess

38 Replies
Mark Herrell

Irina - I am not sure how this would work in an LMS. Since my school does not have an LMS, I simply post a link to my Rise courses in a Google Classroom (Google Classroom is not an LMS). The Google Form records into Classroom. 

Students can do the Rise course, but the Rise activities are not recorded - unless I insert Google Forms.

Mark Herrell

An interesting “work-around” would be a program such as Nearpod.

I recently started using this program: really enjoying the rapid development; ease of implementation; positive UX; and varied interactive-knowledge check capabilities. It integrates w Google Classroom as well as other true LMS: https://nearpod.com/lms-integration

I have not tried to insert a Nearpod into a Rise course yet like I have done w Google Forms. But it may offer the free response function. 

Martin Tuttle

I was playing around with replicating the fill in the blank Rise actions in a reflective question storyline block and this is as close as I could get. Let me know if anyone can polish this further. Would love to have this native to Rise though in the future.