Flashcard Stack formatting Text

Jul 19, 2017

Are there any secrets to formatting text on a flash card stack.  I am trying to list some items, but have to use the trial and error method to get the spacing right and is very time consuming?  Any tips?

36 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Davor, 

Thanks for reaching out here! It sounds similar to a possible bug reported to our team earlier this week where the longer text is not wrapping or scaling correctly on a Flashcard. 

How much text are you trying to add? If you can send me the "Share" link for your Rise course, I can take a look at that too! 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Fredrik.  Thanks for the share link!  It looks like you might be looking for left justification of the text, and possibly better line breaks.  We're working on improving both of those formatting features.

I'm adding your comment to our documentation so we can notify you if a fix comes out.  Sorry about the trouble!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Fredrik! Thank you for the further clarification.

Are you experiencing this issue on a mobile device? I know that iOS devices, for instance, scrollbars do not display until you begin scrolling.

In addition, we do have an issue reported where the text fades and cannot be seen on mobile devices as well. I will add this thread to the report for user impact.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ch'an,

Are you only seeing this on the back of the flash cards? I'm seeing it on the front and back of Flashcards and it doesn't matter what order the cards are in (happens on the 1st and the 2nd). 

It was an issue that we previously fixed, but seems to have resurfaced - can you tell me what browser/version you were using? I was testing in Chrome ver 61.0.3163.100

Marcela Ryan

I tried using a flashcard where I added a picture in the front and test on the back.  When I flip over it seems fine other than the text is lighter color near the scroll points.  But when I flip the card over back to the picture, I can still see the words through the picture.  Is that a bug as well? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone! 

As Alyssa mentioned above, we want to be sure to keep you updated!

You'll be happy to know that we have an update to Rise today:

Enhanced: Text in flashcard blocks can now be left-aligned.

In fact, there are now five alignment options for text throughout Rise: left, center, right, justify, and a new option to return to the default alignment for the selected text. Learn more.

There's nothing to install. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export a Rise course again to update existing published output with a new feature or bug fix. 

All the details on our Rise updates can be found here.

Brent Gregson

Hello everyone! I am still getting the same issue. My third flashcard is being formatted differently then the rest. Font is larger and centered. Even if I format it using Rise it will not match with the other flashcards. I make sure all text is same size and third flashcard looks smaller now and the bullet point is bigger than the rest.