Full Window Mode Capabilities for videos in Rise?

Oct 05, 2018

After uploading videos into Rise, all videos will expand to full window mode in preview mode.  However, once published, it will not expand to full window.  While not a deal breaker for larger sized video content on main lessons, this proves difficult when uploaded into a marker or accordion, etc., it will not expand.  Should we be publishing it a certain way?

30 Replies
Liam O'Donovan

Hi All,

Just thought I'd jump in here and add my two cents as we've had some clients experience the same issue with our LMS. It turns out there is an 'allowfullscreen' attribute on the 'iframe' element:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe#attr-allowfullscreen

We're using the old, deprecated 'frameset' and 'frame' elements and not 'iframe' in our LMS, which may be the case with others who are experiencing the issue. This is something we're updating soon, so it may be worthwhile to check in with your LMS to see if that's the case as well. 

Having noted that, full-screen works in our LMS on mobile and when launching in a new window. 

Kim Peterson

Hi,
Is there any word on how to address this issue? I'm having a similar problem with the labeled graphic interaction. The video has no option to go fullscreen. I need this feature for accessibility reasons since I have a deaf colleague and they won't be able to see the captions at this size.

This is the only interaction where there is no full screen option on the video. 
Thanks!