H5P interactive video in Rise not showing in mobile

May 14, 2023

Hi,

I embedded an H5P interactive video in Rise. It displays properly in the final published version on desktop. However, it is not showing in mobile (Android, with Chrome browser).

Is anybody else experiencing this issue? Thanks.

Celito

4 Replies
Christopher Santos

Hi Celito,

I went to h5p.org and used one of their examples to embed in a Rise course.  I was able to use it just fine on a Chrome browser from an Android 13 phone:h5p

Below is the iframe code I used if you want to test this also.

<iframe src="https://h5p.org/h5p/embed/612" width="1090" height="639" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" allow="geolocation *; microphone *; camera *; midi *; encrypted-media *" title="Course Presentation"></iframe>

Another thing you can do is to test out the course in SCORM Cloud.  You can also use this article for tips on how to use SCORM for troubleshooting your course.

Once you have confirmed that the issue is not happening in SCORM Cloud, you may need to contact your LMS or h5p source to confirm that the content can be supported on mobile devices.
Celito Macachor

Hi Christopher,

You are God-sent. I used the code you gave and just changed the source file and the dimensions and there it is in mobile!

Before this I used the embed script generated by H5P and embedded it in my Rise course and failed to display it in mobile. I'm glad this is out of the way.

Thank you very much.

Celito

Christopher Santos

You are welcome, Celito.

I think I know what you are referring to with the code.  I noticed when I was perusing the embed script from H5P that it added a <script> tag after the <iframe> (e.g., <iframe src="source_url"></iframe><script>script code</script>.  I simply removed the script part to make it work.