Hiding lessons in Rise

Aug 02, 2017

Does anyone know if you can hide lessons in Rise, and then unhide them later? We have some system enhancements going live in August and some in September. I dont want to have to delete any lessons i've already created.

Thanks!

Jenna

58 Replies
Tina Dean

I'd like to throw my voice in as well. Having buttons is one thing, but being able to link to a hidden lesson/resource, so that only learners who need to can access it, would be great. In the course I'm developing at the moment, I could use this to include definitions of some terms - if people know what the terms mean, they don't have to click.

Rise is fast to develop, and quite presentable, but it's very hard to customise a course for different levels of preexisting knoweldge.

Adam Macaluso

I'd like to chime in in September of 2023 that this is a feature I'd like to see. (I see there is a lot of mention recently).
I've also seen requests for starting with the nav menu closed (like Storyline), and these seem to fit with that as well.

For this thread, I'll say that I'd like to have an option in the ellipsis (...) of the edit screen to hide this lesson from view. For me, this is helpful for drafts and versions. We have drafts for approval, and 1 person wants something separate, while another wants it included, and I could duplicate and just hide a lesson, instead of deleting to appease 1 person who's idea may be overwritten between full-approvals.
Similarly, we have multiple versions across the globe, and they all start with me. So I could create 1 course to share to everyone & hide certain lessons from my export, without making duplicates to track each version that gets shared. Presently, I just make my version, and tell them to change it themself, but I'd love to be able to "easily" do it for them.

Just making a note that I support this request moving forward. I am in no way unhappy Articulate for this not yet existing. <3