How to update a Rise Module without having to 're-add' learners?

May 16, 2023

Good Afternoon All, 

Probably a really obvious answer but I am mainly a Storyline kind of girl so still getting used to using Rise. One thing I've noticed is that if I navigate to the Rise module and make an update to my course, when I re-publish it to the LMS it won't have the previous learners assigned. Is there a similar function to 'update' the module so that it maintains the previous learners and their progress, similar to how I can update a storyline project on the LMS without having to create a whole new project and re-assign everyone?

Thanks!

Becca

1 Reply
Karl Muller

Hi Becca,

I'm not sure why your LMS is responding differently when republishing Storyline and Rise courses. There are no publishing settings in Rise that should cause what you are describing. 

In our LMS when republishing a Rise course, we have the option to update the existing course, or to create a new version of the course.

If we choose "update the existing course" then all students that were previously assigned to the course, continue to have access.

If we choose "create a new version of the course" then I have to assign students to have access to the course.