If you are using RISE for procedures and training manuals how do you.....

Jun 20, 2023

I am wanting to use articulate rise 360 for all our training manuals and basically anything interactive as there is no need for me to record the outcomes of the reader. I might be missing where I can do this but when using Rise for this purpose there are several issues I have encountered.

1. cannot change font size and apply to all text throughout the project and have to individually change. I want to change because if I output to PDF there are just too many unnecessary pages. I just want it need and condensed. I get online they can change the font size but we have corporate branding requirements for style and size.
  2. Cannot reduce the spacing. Ideally would like to be able to use single spacing in some areas and double in others.
  3. Can not change the image size when pasting a full size image. I just want to paste a small 25% size non zoomable image but no option
  4. I want to be able to just copy and past and image instead of having to upload from a drive
  5.  I would like to be able to change some settings on the page format first before exporting to pdf.  some of the images are taking over one page they could be reduced or removed.  The output goes over too many pages essentially, I want to increase the margin size and move things onto one page so they don’t cross over etc.
1 Reply
Judy Nollet

I would use Rise for online procedures/manuals to be viewed in a browser as a Rise course. 

However, I'd never use it for creating a PDF. Yes, it will export to PDF. But it doesn't export a well-designed PDF. If you want a PDF manual, start with software that's designed for "desktop publishing." 

If you need both online and a PDF? When my clients have needed a PDF of a Rise course (e.g., for compliance purposes), I've just copied and pasted the content into Word, formatted it as needed, and then saved it as a PDF. However, that was for relatively short courses. That'd definitely be time-intensive for large projects.

BTW, you can submit feature requests (e.g., ask for more control of font sizing and spacing) here: Help Us Improve Our E-Learning Software by Submitting a Feature Request (articulate.com). Submitting a request doesn't mean the request will be implemented. However, Articulate is more apt to consider a request made by multiple people.