Import content into Rise 360

Sep 29, 2020

Hi! We have a lot of content in a CCMS (DITA XML). I need to export that content and import into Rise 360. Can I import content into Rise 360? If so, what format(s) can I use for import? 

Thanks,

Cynthia

16 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Cynthia! 

It sounds like you have legacy course content that you want to import that content into Rise 360. 

While there isn't a way to import content directly into Rise 360, you can use Rise 360 to give your content a fresh, modern makeover. For example, check out how I converted a 3-slide PowerPoint presentation into a beautiful Rise 360 course in this discussion. Is that what you had in mind?

If you would prefer to keep your content intact and embed it in Rise 360, you can do that too! Simply host the content on a web server, then embed it in a lesson using a Multimedia Embed block.

Let me know what you think!

Chester Robinson

Hi Karl, many thanks for the response. I don't know kW is the honest answer. The training module is in Rise, and I want it imported into RISE 360. How can I tell what format it is in?
The training is a combination of video, images, quizzes and interactive text..... not sure this helps you though.
Kind regards , Chester

Robert Johnson

Hi

If Rise could identify, say, font size and create blocks based on font size (H2) headings, Lists be unordered or ordered, based on bullets, and text blocks based on text in a Word document, then there would be a significant reduction in the amount of cutting and pasting that is required to build a course. It would allow more time to be spent on creating dynamic content using the features available in RISE

Angelo Cruz

Hello Colin!

There isn't a way to import third-party training or Scorm packages into Rise 360. If the content was made in Rise 360 and you wish to continue its development, you'll need to request the author to send you a copy instead.

You can check out this article to learn more about How to Send a Copy of a Course to Other Authors.

I hope this helps!

Steven Benassi

Hi Karen!

Do you mind clarifying the format of the Rise course you'd like to import?

At the moment, Rise 360 doesn't support importing Word, PowerPoint, PDF, or XML files as courses. However, we are tracking a feature request for that ability. If your course was published to Web, and hosted on a web server, you can embed it into a new lesson using the Multimedia Embed Block.