Import translated text successful, but the course is still in English

Sep 13, 2021

Hi!

I've gone through all the steps to translate the course, and even get an "import successful" message when I import the translated .xlf file. How do I know if it worked? When I publish and share the link for the course, it's still in English. I can't find a button to "switch" it to Spanish (if that's what's supposed to happen?). Will it be in Spanish once I export it and add it to our website, even though it still displays English on my end? Also, I'm not sure if this is important, but when I navigate away from the settings page and then return, I still get the "Import Translated Text" button below Step 3: Import translated text... I'm not sure if that's supposed to go away after I've already imported the translated file?

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you!

3 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm so sorry you've run into this issue but I'm happy to help troubleshoot. I don't see a support case that was opened for Mary, but we'd be happy to take a look at what's going on with your project! You can open a case with our talented Support Engineers here, and attach your XLIFF file so we can investigate further.