Internal Links in Rise Courses

Dec 25, 2018

I am currently developing an electronic User Guide in Rise and in Section 2 of the guide I cover System Operation. This section includes a list of topics in two columns, followed by nineteen separate blocks that cover each of the topics. What I would like to be able to do is to use the list of topics as an interactive contents list such that each topic provides a link to the appropriate block below it and takes the user directly to their topic of choice when it is clicked on in the list.

Although I am aware of how to create links to external URLs, I cannot find a way to develop internal links within a Rise course to enable me to achieve the desired outcome for my User Guide. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

If this is not currently possible, I would like to recommend it for a future upgrade as I believe it could prove a popular addition to Rise.

73 Replies
Anthony Perez

I'm curious if you have an example SCORM you could share where with what you'd like to accomplish. What you and OP are wanting to do should be possible through some coding in the SCORM file. I know it's not as ideal as the WYSIWYG but it should end up being a copy/paste action with some pretty simple editing after the initial coding is completed.

Andrew Smith

A really simple example of why this deserves a bit more urgent development is the glossary - learners have diverse reading level so being able to hyperlink any technical or uncommon terms to a simple glossary is vital – and not possible in Rise.

I imagine this is because every time RIse courses are updated the internal ID's change – but that's not that difficult to fix.

Martin Maya

I totally agree Andrew, it would be so useful. English is not the first language for many of our learners and they would love this feature.

A tooltip is a great idea Glenna, these have been around almost since the beginning of the internet :-).

Unfortunately though, the last member of staff to comment on this thread was over a year ago so it's probably not a high priority.

Steven Benassi

Hi Sandra!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share at this time as our development team has been prioritizing other features. Not to worry! I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

In the meantime, for your reference, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.