Learner Notes - Input Boxes

Mar 02, 2017

I would love to have a section that could be reachable at any point in the course for users to make notes or to comment?  Has anybody seen any work arounds? Seems like a HUGE feature request, its just that our case studies and focus groups are showing that the end user want's to be able to make notes.

83 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Mandy, 

We don't have anything new to share regarding the feature request, but I went ahead and added your voice to the report. This helps us track how many community members have requested a specific feature. We'll be sure to let everyone subscribed to this thread know when this feature makes it to our product roadmap!

Cheryl Tyler

Not sure if anyone is still active here but Mike Amelangs learning notes in Rise is fantastic.  Would love to see if becoming part of the out of the box Rise so that I can implement it without worrying if further updates might ruin it.  https://360.articulate.com/review/content/33873893-2ea1-46d9-9415-3efca951d74c/review 

John Cooper

Readers of this thread might want to check out another discussion here:

Adding a text box for user input in Rise360 - Rise 360 Discussions - E-Learning Heroes - Page 2 (articulate.com)

The solution I've been proposing on this thread isn't quite what is being discussed here - it is about collecting notes from the learner at specific points in the course and then including them in a course handout at the end of the course...

...But Phil Foss posted an interesting pop-up solution he has working in RISE that would appear to allow the learner to make notes at any time. Both my methodology using Storyline and Phil's pop-up use local browser storage because RISE doesn't have variables so you need to store the text input somewhere.

The data persists if you leave the course and come back BUT not if you clear the browser cache, switch browsers or change devices to resume the course which is why we need a native solution within RISE.