Lesson Completion Not Registering

Feb 18, 2019

Hi everyone!

We developed & launched a series of Rise courses in 2018 that have been winning rave reviews.

We've recently been asked to update some content to one of our courses, and that's where we've encountered some issues. This course has 9 total "lessons" within it.

When we're testing the updates in the QA phase of our launch process (which is not a live server - just a test server), we cannot move past lesson #5 even though all of the blocks have been viewed and all the interactions have been triggered. We've tried adding a "continue" button to the end of lesson 5 and still, the circle icon next to it will almost close. Bottom line - there is no bottom line (meaning there is no link generated at the bottom of Lesson 5's block sequence that enables Lesson 6 to be accessible.)

Obviously, we have to have learners register a full completion of Lesson 5 before they can move on to Lesson 6.

There are no Storyline elements in play - just Rise content blocks. Our standard is to publish to SCORM 1.2, but SCORM 2004 is an option as well.

Any thoughts/ideas are appreciated!

1 Reply
Allison LaMotte

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry you've run into an issue here. Are you running into this issue only when you view the course on your LMS or is it also happening when you preview your course directly in Rise?

If it's only happening on your LMS, it'd be a good idea for you to test it in SCORM Cloud as well to see if it happens there too. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.