List of Interactive Features in Rise

Mar 27, 2017

Looking into purchasing Articulate 360 and working with Rise.  Looks like a great product, benefit being truly responsive design, limitation being a limited feature set.

That said, can someone point me to a good list of the interactive features Rise does offer?  I see hotspot interactions.  But what about text input boxes or drag/drop interactions, etc.?  

Also, how thorough is the LMS integration?  Is it generally working as expected in this regard?

Thanks in advance for the information!

15 Replies
Justin Grenier

Hi, Joe!

This article lists the lesson and block types available in Rise.  You can combine lessons and blocks in various configurations to create unique, responsive courses.  Here are the lesson types that feel most interactive to me:

• Pre-Built Lessons
    • Labeled Graphic
    • Sorting Activity
    • Quiz
  • Custom Lessons (we call them Blocks)
    • Accordion
    • Tabs
    • Flashcard (Grid or Stack)
    • Button (and Button Stack)
    • Knowledge Check

As for LMS integration, you can export Rise courses for AICC, SCORM 1.2, and SCORM 2004 4th Edition learning management systems. Just open your Rise course for editing, click Export in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose an LMS specification.  Tin Can API (xAPI) support is coming soon.

We think the best way to get to know Rise is to try it out!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Dong,

You'll be able to add up to four categories in the Rise sorting activity. I can definitely understand why more categories would be handy, though. I’ll share your suggestion with our development team!

I'm curious, how many categories would you need for your activity? Have you considered building a custom sorting activity in Storyline and embedding it in Rise using a Storyline block?

Dong Liang

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have a case that calls for 8 categories.
Now, I am not aware of the storyline block. Does this mean I can build anything that SL can do and reuse the component in Rise?
If that’s the case, that certainly answers many people’s concerns about Rise’s limitation.

Best,
Dong

Alyssa Gomez

That's right, Dong! Anything you build in Storyline 360 can be added to a Rise blocks lesson. Just follow these simple steps!

Adding a New Storyline Block:

1. First, publish your Storyline course to Articulate 360.
  2. Then, in Rise, edit an existing blocks lesson or create a new one.
  3. Insert an interactive Storyline block.
  4. Click the Browse Articulate 360 button in the Storyline block.
  5. Select the Storyline course you want to use from your Articulate 360 projects.
Penelope Chua

Hi there!

My challenge is when I use the blocks/ flashcards - on a mobile device - touch screen, it's quite difficult to drag the items to the slot intended. 

https://rise.articulate.com/share/-K8KKf74mZw1FjvMjvZjkk1EiQCH6SyJ

i tried it on an iphone 6s plus and an ipad.

what's the best solution? 

Thanks!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Penelope.  Thanks for sharing your link.  We found an issue where the sorting activity is not working on mobile devices with iOS 11.3. Does that match your devices?

It looks like this update from Apple has caused issues with drag and drop apps.  We've logged a bug report with them as well. 

I'll make sure this discussion is tagged to be updated with any new information we get.  I'm sorry you've hit this snag, too!

Jennifer Young

I am looking to help my team out learning all the specific of Rise blocks. As an example, the Continue block, is not just for looks- it serves a navigation purpose, especially if used after videos, tabs ect. Is there a list out here that has the block elements and what they do "behind the scenes" so to speak?