Lots of Audio - is Rise the right way?

Aug 30, 2018

Hi community! 

I've got a project where I'm "converting" courses authored in Captivate into either Rise or Storyline 360. The stakeholder would like to see us using Rise, however they also want to incorporate all of the audio narration throughout (all 53 slides have their own audio file...oi!). 

I plan to approach the client and tell them that Rise doesn't lend itself well to solve such an audio-heavy requirement, but before I do, does anyone have any thoughts or tips on how this could actually play out well in Rise?

3 Replies
Michael Bauer

You could always make a Storyline course of the smallest size (I think it is 100 x 100), add your audio in there, and then add that to Rise. Not sure how that will go with a blank space ... alternatively add an image of whatever size in Storyline, add audio, publish it, add to Rise and then the audio should play when the screen begins. You would know it as a Storyline block, the learner would just see it as an image.

I haven't tried this myself, but in theory should work ... then again, if you are doing this in Storyline, may as well do it all in there I guess.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.