matching quiz question submit button not working

Feb 22, 2019

I have had several users not be able to submit their answers for a matching quiz question in Rise, and then not be able to complete the quiz. How do I resolve this?

11 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Elisabeth,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here. 

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

When you submit your case, the more information you can give our support team, the easier it will be for them to find a solution. For example: Are your users accessing the course via your LMS? What environment are your users having troubles in (specific browsers, for example)? Were you able to reproduce the issue on your end? It's also helpful if you can provide them a link to the course so they can see if they can reproduce the issue.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Shane Burke

Hi - I'm having the exact same issue as Spencer and Elisabeth. 5 quiz questions in a Rise 360 module.

The last question is a matching question. It works fine in preview mode but once published to the LMS in Scorm 1.2, the submit button just becomes dormant and nothing happens when the user matches the answers and clicks Submit. You'd expect the Correct/Incorrect pop up to appear with feedback but that does not happen. As a result the user is stuck on this slide and can't move forward. 

Support ticket opened but if anyone else has a quick fix it would be greatly appreciated. 

Shane Burke

We figured this out thankfully. 

We had been using Storyline 2 and when publishing to the LMS the Initial File directory had been set as index_lms.html. When publishing to the LMS using Rise though we discovered the initial file needs to be set as scormdriver/indexAPI.html

This fixed the issue on the question and on overall tracking of the module.